Dear Tom Dear Tom

it was bad...

i hated it and was going to rate it poorly, but the end proved the rest was just a set up for a tasteless joke i couldn't help but laugh at...i haven't laughed in three years....thank you.

psychicpebbles responds:

I had to build up to the end. THANKS FOR NOT RATING POORLY!

The Only Thing I Know The Only Thing I Know

The more you know...

valid points and a cautionary tale however it kind of annoyed me. I gave it a 9 because i can see how it could be a valuable lesson to the right audience. I tried WoW and was hooked for two weeks until my girlfriend took me away from the computer on vacation and then when i went back to it i realised what a waste it was, not that it's a bad game, it just caters to a different type of player. So i was lucky i didn't get trapped, but i am still a gamer, i just logged 37 hours on Mass Effect two, and i played the hell out of Assassins creed 2 when it came out and i will still do the same thing when Splinter cell conviction releases(if ever it does). And i am still very active socially, i am a college student a martial artist and i like to think a devoted boyfriend, but my hobby of gaming never interfered with any of it, i supposs i was lucky that i had proper guidance. That aside i would like to say this-
WE ARE NOT THE FIRST TO NEED TO ACHIEVE BALANCE BETWEEN TECH AND LIFE, PEOPLE SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THEIR EXISTENCE HAVE NEEDED TO DO THIS. WE ARE A LITTLE AFTER THE OVER SATURATION POINT OF TECH CAUSED BY OVERPOPULATION, SO PERHAPS VIDEO GAMES ARE SUPERFLUOUS BUT ENTERTAINMENT IS NOT HOLLOW. GAMES ARE THE ESCAPE FOR THE BOY WITH THE ABUSIVE PARENTS OR THE GIRL WHO'S AUTISM PREVENTS HER FROM MAKING REAL CONNECTIONS(MY COUSIN), NOT THAT THEY SHOULD TAKE PLACE OF REAL INTERACTION BUT LETS NOT FORGET THAT ESCAPE IS NECESSARY FOR SOME AND THERE ARE THOSE WHO ARE NOT ALWAYS IN A POSITION TO SOCIALISE.

also the industry aspect need not be discussed here but lets not forget that some peoples lives are games and they do not lose their life to work or games but have found their dream career that brings them challenges, and happiness.

newgrounds revolves around community so you are preaching to the choir in that respect, yes it is a great way to get your message out, but i cannot but think the pros of the issue could be given more then one moot point.

also the addiction aspect of the problem renders this useless. a person who is in a destructive cycle like this will not be swayed by a flash, but i thank you for those who might have entered one. Your message needs to be spread as it has been before and will be again.

Once again thank you.

Deadly Carnage Deadly Carnage

Okay so here goes....

Music, it only it had some music i would have doubled the score, poor animation can only get you so far. It had soma assemblance of a plot which is more then i can say for many submissions so it has that going for it at least. Don't explain the story, show it! Also the intro of your names was way to slow, if you are that egotistical at least make a logo with an interesting animation or pleasant font. It wasn't bad for a first go but it wasn't anything great either. Take your time on the animation, there's no rush to put something out there that isn't ready. As far as stick figures go, people draw them when they can't draw or the message of the story does not need detailed animation, the things i saw in this were just a mess...there is a lot of good stick work(insert joke here) out there and it is because of the ease of animation when using stick figures, when i see someone try to use them for animation it sucks when they are used so simply. If your character isn't going to be fully animated, develop the drawing more!
Better luck next time.

Warp Game Warp Game

I Liked the game enough to finish it but...

Here's a few problems i had with it. The warp animation comes too late after the warp making timing annoying; the idea of the bad guys you can't hurt(without the powerup) just having spikes on their heads seems like a cop out to me like you said "bad guys...bad guys what can i come up with? Oh, I know i'll take the normal bad guy and put the only other real obstacle in the game on his head"; the death animation is cute but takes too long for my taste, on level 28 I died so many times I got frustrated and the seconds it took made me switch to just pressing the "r" button over and over again; speaking of level 28 the difficulty curve of the game made no sense, it felt like 27 levels of getting familiar with no real challenge and then BAM ridiculous and back to easy; the spikes hurt you if you jump up next to them and over which is illogical and annoying but i know thats how it usually goes; the one block gaps can just be walked over; the last thing i wanted to say may just be me being stupid but I had no idea what the orange guy in the bonus stage did.
I had no problem with the background and the character being the same colour like the other reviewer said, I loved the art style and the music fit the game.
As for the baddies being white and you as part of this dark environment, does this indicate any kind of player as the bad guy scenario or was it just a aesthetic choice? I Love it either way. The power ups were well handled and the animations for them brilliant. Keep up the good work, I Look forward to it.

Lofty Tower 2 Lofty Tower 2

Great game, small problem

i found this game enjoyable but i wasn't really motivated to play and rather annoyed with how the screen moves with block placement. In many levels when i could have scored higher with a taller structur i could not do so because when you click on a block it centers the arrow on the block and if you try to place a block higher than the tower when it's near the top of the screen you can not always do so without clicking a menu button. so while i can complete the level i can't get the score, not because of ability but game mechanics. This game is just too easy to want to play only to progress, without the score why would anyone want to keep playing? But beautifully done on all other aspects, looks great and music isn't as annoying as some puzzle games music is.

Loondon Loondon

Not a game!

This wasn't a game, just an interactive story. I loved the artwork though.